Jazz

Jazz Pakistan logo

Country

Company Name

Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited

Ownership Type

Subsidiary

Ownership/Controlling Entity

MNC

01

3G UMTS Frequency Bands

4G LTE Frequency Bands

Company Overview

Jazz (جاز) is the largest mobile network operator servicing Pakistan. The company was founded in January 2017 following a merger between incumbent Mobilink and a smaller operator Warid in November 2015, relaunching the brand as Jazz. Mobilink, now Jazz, is a majority (85%) owned subsidiary of VEON Group (Vimpelcom) via its subsidiary Global Telecom Holdings (GTH). The remaining 15% is held by the Dhabi Group.

The company operates a 2G GSM network over the 900 and 1800 MHz bands, and in July 2014 launched a 3G UMTS network over B1 (2100 MHz) after securing 10 MHz of spectrum in a 2014 PTA auction. Mobilink through a partnership with Huawei reportedly launched 3G UMTS over B8 (900 MHz). Following the Warid merger, Jazz was able to utilise Warid's technology neutral licence to launch a 4G LTE network over B3 (1800 MHz) using a 5 MHz block of spectrum in December 2014. A further PTA auction held in May 2017 saw Jazz awarded an additional 10 MHz of 1800 MHz spectrum, unfortunately due to the two allotments being non-contiguous peak data rate remains limited.

3G UMTS Network Information

Details on UMTS network deployments are shown below. Data are often incomplete due to commercial nature. Consult dossier text for further details.

Launch Date - Status Active
UMTS BandPacket DataStatus
Active
Unconfirmed
4G LTE Network Information

Details on LTE network deployments are shown below. Data are often incomplete due to commercial nature. Consult dossier text for further details.

Evolution Status Active
Max. MIMO Max. Modulation
Carrier Aggregation - Features -
LTE BandChannel WidthStatus
5 MHz Active
10 MHz Active