Umniah

Umniah Jordan Logo

Country

Company Name

Umniah Mobile Company

Ownership Type

Subsidiary

Ownership/Controlling Entity

MNC

03

3G UMTS Frequency Bands

4G LTE Frequency Bands

Company Overview

Umniah is a mobile carrier and fixed wireless provider operating in Jordan. The company began operations in June 2005 and was acquired by Bahrain-owned Batelco Group in 2008 to become a 96% owned subsidiary (with the Jordanian Underprivileged Student Support Fund owning the remaining 4%).

The company operates a 2G GSM network over 1800 MHz, and has provided 3G HSPA+ services over B1 (2100 MHz) since 2012. Umniah launched 4G LTE services over B3 (1800 MHz), and refarmed its WiMAX fixed wireless services to LTE B42 (3500 MHz) in March 2016.