Natcom Haiti

Natcom logo

Country

Company Name

National Telecom S.A.

Ownership Type

Joint Venture
State/Government Owned

Ownership/Controlling Entity

MNC

03

3G UMTS Frequency Bands

4G LTE Frequency Bands

Company Overview

Natcom is one of two mobile network operators servicing Haiti. Natcom was founded in 2011 following the privatisation of Télécommunications d'Haiti S.A.M (Haiti), which Viettel Global (Vietnam) acquired a majority controlling stake of 60%, with the Government of Haiti holding the remaining 40% share in the company.

The company launched its mobile network in September 2011 which included 2G GSM over 900 MHz, and 3G UMTS over B1 (2100 MHz). While the country prepares for its upcoming 4G spectrum auction, regulator CONATEL awarded Natcom a trial licence to provide 4G LTE services, which are operated in limited areas over the B20 (800 MHz) band, capable of providing peak data rates of 100 Mbps.

3G UMTS Network Information

Details on UMTS network deployments are shown below. Data are often incomplete due to commercial nature. Consult dossier text for further details.

UMTS B1 (2100 MHz)
Band Status Active
Packet Data
4G LTE Network Information

Details on LTE network deployments are shown below. Data are often incomplete due to commercial nature. Consult dossier text for further details.

Type Status Limited
Max. MIMO Max. Modulation
Carrier Aggregation - Features -
LTE B20 (800 MHz)
Band Status Limited
Bandwidth 15 MHz